Do I need to wear my Rubber bands with my braces?

2:41 PM

God YES.

I've seen all my friends in middle school & high school having to deal with them, and now I'm dealing with them in college. They're the not most attractive looking things, but MY GOD, THEY ACTUALLY WORK. Of course I'm amazed with this, as someone who has never worn them myself.

I was told to wear my elastics with my braces (starting with Invisalign tray 9) for 24 hours except when I brush my teeth and when I eat. I guess you can call me a sinner because technically you're supposed to wear your Invisaligns for at least 22 hours, but sometimes I have them off for 10 hours straight.... (I'm ashamed, please don't do this). My point is that even though I don't wear my plastics in which my lip gets caught in it all the time, the elastics help!! I've worn them for 9 days and I've already noticed a HUGE HUGE difference. My bite changed so much which caused me to struggle to eat (because my teeth wouldn't sit on each other properly), but it means that they were working.

Bottom line is that I'm so surprised they have immediate results.

P.S. Other than my first trays, I haven't really had major pains except this tray when I started using rubber bands (tray 9). I'm not sure if the cause of the pain is from the elastics. I would except my jaw to hurt from the elastics, but it didn't. Every tooth hurt though lol (like the first trays).

WEAR.YOUR. ELASTICS/RUBBERBANDS or whatever you want to call 'em!

**UPDATE: Just got back from my orthodontist appointment. My ortho said I no longer have an underbite & no longer have to wear elastics.... So my underbite was gone in just 4 weeks, though it was pretty much gone in 2 weeks. Woohoo!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images